PBX on Raspberry Pi Zero
- PBX On Raspberry Pi
- FreePBX vs. FusionFBX
- PBX on Orange Pi Zero
- PBX on Raspberry Pi Zero
- $100 for a Home Phone System?
PBX on Raspberry Pi Zero has much small size, some stores offer just 5 dollars as promotion.
However it doesn’t come with Ethernet port, so USB to Etherneter adapter would be a solution.
You have to get micro USB to USB-A adapter first because Raspberry Pi Zero just has micro USB ports
Raspberry Pi Zero W recommended
Raspberry Pi Zero has two models: Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi Zero W. W comes with wireless connection and better performance.
Micro USB to USB-A adapter:
USB 2.0 to Ethernet adapter
Raspberry Pi Zero only with USB2.0, so just spend 3-4 dollars to get USB2.0 to Ethernet adapter from Ebay.
USB3.0 to Ethernet Adapter
However, the speed of USB2.0 to Ethernet adapt is very slow: less than 500KB/s to transfer data. You can spend more to get USB3.0 to Ethernet adapter even the port on Raspberry Pi Zero is USB2.0. The speed around 10-20MB/s, which is much better than the cheap USB2.0 to Ethernet adapter.
- Get a 16GB or 32GB micro SD
- Download image file of Raspiberry Pi OS
- Write image file to one microSD card by disk writer, like Raspiberry one Imager ( download from Raspberry Pi official website)
- Creat a blank txt file on boot partition and rename as “SSH” in order to enable SSH service
- Insert SD card to Raspberry Pi and power on it.
- SSH by user: pi with default password: raspberry, then enable root login and SSH by root
- Follow the official tutorial for FreebPBX on Debian
Install FreePBX 15 on Debian 9.6
SD card for Raspberry Pi Zero
Better to get good grand microSD card like Samsung or Sandisk to avoid disk failure.